Wednesday 24 August 2011

Final Project - Prop "Blood-shooter" First Test

Here is a short clip of me testing the "Blood-shooter" I made for my final project to simulate the gunshot in one of the scenes in my trailer. It uses compressed air to propel the fake blood out of a hole in the the tube, while slightly tedious in needing to pump 250 times to get a sufficient looking spray. In this test we only used water to see if the general idea actually worked and we will be testing it with fake blood tomorrow as it will be thicker and the hole will be cut larger to allow are more convincing effect to be made. Thanks to my dad who is the one demonstrating the device while I filmed it.


*Update*
I have done another test with my "blood-shooter" but using some fake blood this time. It went reasonably well  but due to it being a process of trial and error, it wasn't all bad. I pumped the spray gun 250 times and it gave a reasonable spray but the fake blood was not thick enough so the gunshot effect was a little weak so for next time we know to thicken the blood and possibly increase the air to 300 so compensate for the thickness of the new batch of fake blood.



No comments:

Post a Comment