Sunday 11 September 2011

Production Company Logo Design

Here are two rough copies of my potential production company logo part of my brand. The main difference between them is the red eye which I'm unsure about if it adds anything constructive to the overall design. The reason for this design and name is so that it fits in with the style of films the company would make, as the "pale soul" title references one of the four horseman from the bible, instantly associating itself with the supernatural/horror elements. I went for quite a simplistic design as it is only the logo which has to be immediately recognisable so when seen, the audience will immediately know the style and tone of what the film will be about. The simple design also doesn't attract too much attention from other material like if used on posters etc. allowing the main image to stand out. The black and white colour scheme used also has an effect as it relates to the tone of the film as my intended project is of the vampire genre which  that has constantly changed over the years, shifting from horror to more teen orientated style films like "Twilight". That is why I went for the more stark, contrasting colours of black and white as my film intends to go back to the more "grown up" form of vampire films, connoting the more dark and violent nature behind the characters instead of  the depressed romantics which has itself been done to death with so many vampire literature following this angle. This also makes it an ambitious genre to choose as I will need to do something different if I want to make my story stand out from the rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment