Thursday 23 February 2012

Blood Cell Titles




This video shows the titles I made for my project using Adobe After Effects. Since my original titles were mainly place holders and didn't suit the vampire genre, I decided to create my own unique titles instead of relying on the the simple text and black background and make something much more fitting of the vampire genre. So I came up with this idea of doing someing as if it was inside a vein or an artery and the camera moves along, picturing blood cells before zooming in on the title. Back when I first started this project, that would seem almost impossible to do with the limited knowledge of After Effects I had but as you can see from the video above, I managed to make it a reality and stook close to my original idea.

I went through some more basic tutorils on Video Copilot to brush up on my skills and learn more on how to attempt and do such an effect, mainly this tutotuil.



It showed me how to do the needed camera movments and other tips to create a more 3D, and visually more interesting set of titles for the project. So I gave it go and replaced the smoke with my blood cell image, added effects to make it rotate slowly and colour a deeper red to emphasis how that red is the most important colour in vampire genre films. This is all down to back in my inital research that blood is one of the most important, if not the most, element in vampire styled films as its what keeps them alive, its the one thing they need in life and crave as without it they will no longer be immortal. It gives them strength but is also their weakness so it furthers the whole idea of being a gift and a curse as if they continuly feed, they are strong, youthful and immortal but attempt to go without it, you become weaker then the food you hunt. This is why I went for this style of titles as it enforces the message about blood being a key part of the genre and is much more enfitting of the trailer by linking the idea across the whole project as well due to same colour being used throughout each part and also blood being used in the title, brand and general imagry like the poster have a blood cell style background.

So, I created the final example of the title effect and simply replaced the text each time with the one needed. The font also used is a parapyrus styled font which connotes an old and decayed feel again linking to vampires as they are hundreds of years old but never decay while everything around them does so very fitting indeed to the genre.

3 comments:

  1. Video doesn't seem to be there, James...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry file didn't upload as apparently the file size was too high. It is up now though.

    ReplyDelete