Wednesday 26 October 2011

Final Project - Scene 1 Raw Footage

Here is the raw footage from the day of filming on the Tuesday. It has little editing done to it, mainly just put the clips in order of how they go narratively for the scene. Its incredibly rough in terms of timing but I'm not used to the software on my computer so I haven't trimmed it perfectly or cleaned up the dialogue but I will do a short teaser trailer trailer in which I will correct all these problems and give an idea of what type of trailer I want to create with this more horror orientated approach from the scenes of like him feeding on the victim, the close up intended for the black eye effect and the when he licks the blood off his fingers. All these are the scenes that will be placed in the final trailer to help give the audience the impression of that vampires are monsters and not the current romantic focused ones. In terms of the footage gained and how close it was to my original storyboard, it was quite close to my original idea with many of the shots matching my storyboard. The only problems were that some of the dialogue from the scenes couldn't be heard (which is okay considering that none of the dialogue will be used apart from the parts spoken by Greg which is incredibly clear and since they won't be used along with the scene, can easily be dubbed with an external mic). Also my directions were unclear like in the test footage, they were better but still not the best so I need improve in this area for next time to ensure that my actors and crew know what they are doing and that we get the best shots out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Although some of this looks interesting, you're right in that it is quite rough. The audio is a worry - you may need to be quite creative with this. I would hope that you can seed some other stuff in with this. There is an odd choice of shots considering the conversation between you and Gregg - you seem to be breaking the 180 rule?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is quite rough and I did noticed the shot near the end which broke the 180 rule yet. Fortunately I'm not using all the scenes for the trailer, mainly the feeding parts to convey the character as the evil, supernatural creature to link it back to the old horror routes I'm intending. The dialogue however, is dire quality so as I way around it I could re-record it and with a trailer I could play it at a different time, similar to a voice over so it can help explain the back story and salvage the clips as well since they will be just short clips to give the supernatural feel of the character with the obvious shot intended for the black eye effect (or red depending which one looks the best).

    ReplyDelete